Couldn’t resist this one when it came across my search for Football Food on Pinterest. Sweet, spicy, bacon wrapped chicken bites. They were incredibly easy to make and addictive-ly tasty. This is going to be my go-to ‘what can I bring?’ dish from now on.
SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN BACON WRAPS
- about 1¼ pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1½ pounds bacon
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 T chili powder
- ½ t cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 convection. In a large mixing bowl, combine ⅔ cup dark brown sugar, 2 T chili powder and ½ t cumin. Mix well.
- Clean and trim about 1¼ pounds of skinless boneless chicken breast. Cut into approx. 1 inch cubes.
- If using thick bacon, thin out with the back edge of a chef knife. Cut the bacon in half, roll around the chicken cubes and secure with a tooth pick. This is the point to cover and refrigerate for better timing.
- Prep baking sheet with aluminum foil a rack and spray with PAM.
- Roll the pieces in the brown sugar mixture. Be sure to pack some in the ends. Place on the rack.
- Bake until golden brown. About 35 minutes for me. Cover with foil on heavy dish to keep warm until served.